Praia do Forte, a Hard to Resist Brazilian Beach Paradise
Praia do Forte was a lazy coastal fishing village in Bahia which has been transformed into a must see tourist destination for anybody visiting Brazil.
Imagine an unpolluted coastline with palm trees, little quiet pools of water that form at low tide just inviting you to come and take a swim, a dream come true for fishing and water sports lovers, a treat for nature lovers, when it comes to Praia do Forte words are simply not enough to describe the place.
Praia do Forte, Just Over An Hour’s Ride From The Airport
Praia do Forte is just 30 miles from Salvador international airport. An hour to an hour and a half bus ride will take you to this tourist haven. If you prefer, you also have the option of renting a car. Within the town you will be able to get to most places on foot. It is worth the walk, the streets are dotted with shops and restaurants.
Tropical Climate, Comfortable Weather All Year Round
The climate of Praia do Forte is tropical where the temperatures remain in a comfortable range between 22?C to 30?C. An almost constant breeze coming in from the sea will keep you comfortable outdoors. Being tropical, the place gets good rainfall. Rainy season starts in April, gathers momentum by May, and is on its way out by September. You can expect heavy rainfall in May, June and July.
At Praia do Forte, No One Gets Bored
Unlike other holiday spots where you may get bored after a few days, Praia do Forte will motivate you to be on your feet throughout the duration of your stay. A few places that you should not miss:
1. Projeto Tamar: A turtle sanctuary and conservation project where you will be thrilled to see different species of sea turtles and fishes in pools. It gives you an opportunity to observe these fascinating creatures from close range. Four out of the seven species of sea turtles that exist lay their eggs on the beaches at and around Praia do Forte.
2. Humpback Whale Institute: You will learn a lot about these whales at this place which is setup mainly for studying and conserving these mammals.
3. Sapiranga Ecological Reserve: Eco-tourism at its best, the reserve is a treasure trove of a great variety of plants and flowers spread over 600 acres.
4. Garcia D’ Avilla castle: A historical and cultural heritage monument, ruins of a former military building with Portuguese architecture. In the same complex Chapel of St. Peter of Rates is also a place to visit.
5. Fisherman’s village: A little path lined with trees full of birds and dotted with restaurants, bars and decorated stores will enchant visitors with its simple charm.
6. Chapel of St. Francis of Assisi: A chapel that was built in 1900 by fishermen, a very popular place for wedding ceremonies for people from all over Brazil.
Great Activities To Look Forward To At Praia do Forte
Whether you are the adventure minded or are just looking forward to swimming, fishing and shopping, Praia do Forte will not disappoint you. Here are some of the activities that you can look forward to:
1. Beach activities: The most visited beaches are ‘Lord’ and ‘Papa-Gente’ where the attraction is the natural pools that form at low tide. These pools are filled with fish and will encourage you to take a swim or snorkel.
2. Surfing: The beaches are perfect places for surfing over the coral reefs.
3. Quad bike ride: Go on an adventure on quad bikes through the Sapiranga Ecological Reserve.
4. Horse riding: Another way to get to Sapiranga.
5. Cycling: Yet another way to enjoy the beauty of the Sapiranga reserve is to hit one of the bike trails.
6. Parasailing: If you are the adventure minded, you can take the 10 minute parasail flight and enjoy the view from 60 meters above the ground.
7. Shopping: The fishermen’s village is the place for shopping. You will find hard to resist stores stocked with everything from handicrafts to beachwear and jewelry.
8. Nightlife: You will find the perfect bars with music, cocktails and snacks. If you prefer something simple, you could just take a stroll in the moonlight.
Perfect Accommodation For Everyone
Praia do Forte has all types of accommodation which will suit people with all kinds of budgets. From R$40 for a dormitory to expensive resort hotels charging around US$380 for a double room, everyone will find a place that fits their budget and comfort level.
Food, A Gastronomic Delight Awaits You
There are plenty of restaurants at Praia do Forte that offer different cuisines and cater to all kinds of tastes, irrespective of which part of the world you are from. However, if you are like most people, you will not want to miss out on the local food. There are plenty of pubs and snack bars where you can grab a quick drink and bite between sightseeing and adventure.
A trip to Praia do Forte will open up a world of relaxation and adventure for you. Once you come here, it will be hard for you to leave. Plan your trip so that you have at least 5 days here. Anything less than that will seem like a rushed visit or you will have to leave out places you will regret missing. Once you come here, the chances are that you will be back again, so if you miss something you can always make it up on the next visit.
View property in Praia do Forte now.